Gum disease is a serious problem in our country, affecting more than half of all adults. Factors such as age, smoking, medications, health conditions, and hormonal imbalance increase risk of developing this condition. Dr. Boris Lipovetskiy applies a personalized approach to treating gum disease
for patients of Boris Lipovetskiy DMD in Fort Lauderdale.
Complications of gum disease
We place a great deal of importance on prevention of gum disease, helping patients identify signs of infection. Do your gums bleed when you brush and floss? Do you have persistent bad breath? With early detection, we can halt the disease before there is extensive damage such as:
- Destruction of soft tissues in the mouth.
- Weakened connective tissues and bone structure, causing teeth to become unstable.
- Advanced periodontal disease leading to tooth loss.
- Health conditions such as pre-term delivery, cardiovascular disease, increased risk of stroke, diabetes, and more.
Treatment tailored to YOU
Dr. Lipovetskiy has more than twenty years of experience treating gum disease and other dental conditions. He tailors a combination of conventional and advanced treatment options to suit the patient’s individual physiology:
- Deep hygiene cleanings. Patients who are fighting gum disease benefit from frequent recall visits.
- Ozone therapy administered as an oral rinse during cleanings. We also infuse diseased tissue with ozone gas. This powerful substance is completely natural and safe for patients of all ages. Ozone destroys pathogens and improves blood supply to promote fast healing.
- Laser gum therapy and pocket reduction to eliminate infection.
- Professional grade oral rinse to minimize the impact of oral bacteria.
- Herbal solutions for gum health.
We do all we can to effectively manage periodontal health without surgical intervention. Dr. Lipovetskiy’s method of customizing therapies is very effective at treating gum disease.
Residents of Fort Lauderdale
and surrounding communities are encouraged to call (305) 680-1551 before they experience signs of gum disease.