Safe, Comfortable Treatmentwith Laser Dentistry
Advanced Dental Wellness Center
General & Cosmetic Dentistry located in Fort Lauderdale, FL
If you or your child has had painful dental appointments, it can be tough to schedule the next one. New dental technology using lasers is revolutionizing dentistry. Dr. Boris Lipovetskiy with Advanced Dental Wellness Center in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida uses the latest laser equipment to make your dental experience less painful than experiences you may have had in the past. For example, Dr. Lipovetskiy may use a laser to eliminate a future filling. Your little one may like the idea of a light that can zap a cavity. Call Dr. Lipovetskiy for cutting-edge dental treatment.
Laser Dental Treatment Q & A
As a member of IAOMT, we care about our patients, and provide mercury-free, compassionate dental care. We also offer ozone dental therapy, as well as Invisalign’s clear, chemical and metal free braces.
We use biocompatible dental materials whenever possible, along with modern technology and 29 years of dental experience. Our biocompatible, metal-free Zirconia implants are non-corrosive, aesthetically appealing, and tissue friendly.
We are a health-orientated dental office with a spa-like atmosphere, affording an all natural way to relax during your dental visit.
What is laser dentistry?
Dr. Lipovetskiy brings the benefits of current technologies, including laser dentistry, to his patients in the Fort Lauderdale area. Lasers have revolutionized many conventional dental techniques, eliminating some invasive procedures and increasing favorable treatment outcomes. Advanced Dental Wellness Center is equipped with the latest technology in laser dentistry — the dual wavelength Waterlase iPlus® Biolase laser.
What dental procedures does laser dentistry improve?
Dr. Lipovetskiy is committed to bringing the benefits of current technologies, including laser dentistry, to his patients in the Fort Lauderdale area. Lasers have revolutionized many conventional dental techniques, improving patient comfort and yielding more favorable treatment outcomes. Here are a few examples of how Dr. Lipovetskiy uses the Waterlase iPlus® Biolase all-tissue dental laser:
Soft tissue procedures
- Gum therapy – eliminates tartar build-up, inflammation, infection, and harmful bacteria in the gum area, including periodontal pockets, without cutting or stitches
- Crown lengthening – improves the appearance of a “gummy smile,” allowing teeth to appear longer
- Tongue-tie release – corrects tongue tie with no sutures and little discomfort
Hard tissue procedures
- Cavities – evaporates damaged tooth structure with such precision that healthy areas are left alone and not needlessly removed; no need for numbing injections
- Root canal therapy – cleans all traces of bacteria and toxins from the tiny canals in tooth roots more effectively than with conventional methods; lessens the chance of infection
In addition to the iPlus, Dr. Lipovetskiy uses lasers to assess the hardness of tooth enamel for early cavity detection.
What are the benefits of ozone therapy in dentistry?
One of the most significant modern advances in healthcare is the development of therapeutic ozone. It’s formed when oxygen splits into two separate molecules to form 03. Ozone is a powerful oxidant capable of destroying disease-causing pathogens. It’s used as a gas or liquid to clean unhealthy tissues. It has no contraindications and no risk of allergic reaction – it’s simply energized oxygen. Dr. Lipovetskiy uses ozone as a liquid or gas for the following conditions along with laser technology for noninvasive treatment:
- Cavity repair – gas permeates difficult to reach areas and destroys cavity-causing bacteria. Depending on how quickly decay is found, there may be no need for a filling.
- Periodontal disease – gas or liquid fights infection and reduces pockets around teeth.
- Root canal treatment – eradicates all traces of bacteria from root canals for improved outcomes. Usually requires no antibiotics (which can have systemic side effects).
For more information about the benefits of undergoing treatment with dental lasers, contact our office online or call (954) 525-5662 today.